Sunday, August 9, 2009

Chinatown and More!

What an awesome day I have had. It was the most beautiful day again in San Fran. They are having exceptionally warm weather and I got to be outside enjoying a nice walk in Chinatown this evening and a walk to Nordstroms Rack this morning. Yes. Nordstroms Rack. I couldn't resist. I mean, we don't have one close to us, we have to go to Portland or Seattle and they just simply have the BEST deals! I love it! Believe it or not, and I am sure you will find this incredibly hard to believe, but I found some shoes that I loved. I know its hard to believe, but I found SHOES!! Its gonna be hard to decide which ones to wear this Thursday to Chemo, I have a pair of Naughty Monkeys and a pair of Charles David's. Probably the Naughty Monkey, because you know I love the name, and they are pretty fabulous, of course!!

The conference was really great today. One of the speakers is on Obama's healthcare reform team and was an incredible speaker, so we really enjoyed her. I was starting to fade pretty hard at the end of the day so I got about a 30 minute power nap in my room before the Chinatown walking tour. And I am so glad I decided to do the tour. Our guide was so knowledgeable about Chinatown and the Chinese culture and customs. Of course, she was born and raised in Chinatown, which I am sure helped! We got to go to a Buddhist Temple which was very cool. I got a picture with the golden Buddha and got to throw the ying/yang question stones. It was a calm and peaceful place. I felt very blessed that they allowed us to enter into their holy place and was very grateful and respectful of their generosity.

then we went to a fortune cookie factory, and they are so incredibly yummy hot off the press!! I got to get the first fortune and it was "you will have great riches this month" which I take to mean a great CT scan. My riches are not monetary, so great health to me is a great richness!! I picked my son up a fresh bag of fortune cookies since he really likes them. I learned that in China they have no idea what a fortune cookie is, it is an American phenomenon. We westerners love them, so they keep making them for us. We stopped by a Chinese herbalist and learned a little about how the Chinese herbal medicine works, which I find fascinating. I am not afraid to try it, and would love to go to an herbalist and see what they would recommend to help fight this cancer.

Then we went to a traditional Chinese tea shop and tried all sorts of different teas. It was very cool and we learned alot of about tea and its purpose. Most Chinese drink tea for the benefits, not for the flavor. That was the last stop on the tour and I staid and spoke at length with this nice young Chinese man about tea and ended up getting "Angel Tea" which is 4 day old green tea and is the tea to use every day during cancer treatment to cleanse the body and fight the disease. After I beat the cancer, I switch to Blue Tea to keep it away forever. So, hey, I'm willing to try it. For $30 I got a months supply of this tea, which really has a strong flavor, and I am going to drink it 4-5 times per day for the next 30 days. I have my CT in about a month, so this certainly can't hurt. I got a little tea pot to make the tea which is really cool and I can reuse my tea about 5 times before a throw it out. So I would use 1 teaspoon per day to make 4-5 cups. Very cool. Hey it can't hurt and it might help, so why not try it?!

Sharon and I just wandered around the shops and then had a light dinner and glass of wine here at the hotel when we got back and I thoroughly enjoyed my time with her. I am so glad that we found each other at this conference and are getting to know each other better. The relationship just feels so right, like we were meant to spend this time together. I have made another new friend, and what a gift that is. You can never have too many friends and we just have so much to offer each other. Its exciting when you connect with a new person. Expanding that friendship circle is so important and so rewarding. You can never have too many friends!!

Well, its off to bed. I have an early day tomorrow so I won't be able to blog in the morning. I read some great sayings in China Town, there were banners with quotes everywhere. But Mother Theresa rung so true to me. "We cannot do great things on this earth, only small things with great love." So flood the world with great love in all the little things that we do and big things will happen as a result. Great Love is the key to all things. Be Kind to everyone you meet, and share love. What else is there?