Thursday, August 13, 2009

Of course, I wore fabulous shoes.

Dose one of round three down! I wore fabulous high heeled sandals that were delivered in a Bentley! Oh yeah! Despite the low counts and the exhaustion, I had fabulous shoes, of course, thanks Meaghan!

I've been pretty tired today and feeling pretty wrung out. I can tell that my counts are down, that I'm anemic and my legs feel like lead. I just have no energy. It really stinks. But, I am determined to get through this with a smile on my face and awesome shoes on my feet. The steroids have made me all puffy and fat, and I remember all that weight I lost prior to the cancer... well its back. I am back in the clothes that didn't fit a month ago because they were too big, and I have to admit that sort of gets me down. I don't know how much of the weight is due to the steroids and how much is due to the sedentary lifestyle. I can't say I'm getting much exercise these days. But, when this is all said and done, and I get off the steroids and my weight just drops then I'll feel like a million bucks! Something to look forward to!

We are getting ready for our trip to the coast, I can't wait! My bro and his family are flying into Portland on Sunday and will meet us at the house we rented in Seal Rock, which is just south of Newport Beach. I am checking to see where the closest hospital is, just in case. Since I am going into this round with my platelets so low, and low platelets can cause bleeding, its something I'm really going to have to watch. But I'm going to have my whole family there to baby me and watch out for me, so I doubt I'll be in harms way. My nurse said today, just don't fall down! So, no klutziness! Mom and I are preparing the menus and going shopping tomorrow. Its almost here!

I was thinking this morning and wanted to mention how much I love my dog, Kyra. She is so sweet and loving and in tune with me. She goes to bed before me and heats up my spot and as soon as I come to bed she moves over so she is just next to my legs, right near me when she is almost touching, but not quite. She just knows I'm there. Then as soon as I wake in the morning, even if I haven't moved yet, she knows I am awake and crawls up to get her ears scratched and a little attention to start her day. She takes care of me and when I'm feeling bad she never leaves my side when I'm sick. Its pretty cool. I aspire to be as great as my dog thinks I am and I think we could all learn alot from dogs. They are loyal and true and always happy to see you, no matter what. Kyra is a true a loyal girl. I am so happy Peyton found her at Pet Over Population all those years ago and talked me into getting her. I have never regretted it. She has become my dog, my companion over all these years together.

Well, all for now. I think that's what I will work on, being as awesome as Kyra thinks I am! I'm anticipating feeling pretty rotten tonight, hoping I get that spark of energy this weekend! Love to all of you, keep those prayers going! I need every one I can get right now!