Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm off to San Francisco Tomorrow!!

Well tomorrow is my big day, I'm off to San Francisco! I am so excited! I had my labs checked on Tuesday and then I'm having them checked again today, and the biggest problem is that I'm really anemic, which makes me really tired. I had a wonderful lunch with Peggy Jewett yesterday at the club and then went and sat in Dr. Rawlin's sauna to try to get this swelling down and I was wiped for the rest of the day. I came home and just slept and slept. I watched a movie last night and then slept some more! I guess sleeping isn't a problem anymore. Now the problem is staying awake! Mitra is going to give me a red blood count booster today which should give me a nice boost for the trip. So, I'm thinking I'll be just right as rain tomorrow.

I head out early and get there early and have requested an early check in at the hotel. I am doing a tour of Alcatraz at 12:30, so I would like to get some rest prior to that trip. But if I can't, that's okay, I'll just sort of find a place to sit in the lobby and just rest there. I have a dinner tomorrow night and the conference starts on Sunday. Even if I feel crappy on Saturday, I should start rebounding by Sunday-Monday, so I'm going no matter what! Say your prayers that I have energy! Of course, there is no doubt I'm going to enjoy the trip. I have been looking forward to this trip since last year when we were in San Diego. Not only is it a great conference, I have great friends that go every year and I am looking forward to seeing them.

Crazy weather today, eh? I was going to sit on the patio but it is raining. That is awesome, actually. I love the rain. I love the way it makes everything smell and the way it freshens the world up. Not to mention, my garden is loving it! So, rain on, bring us some refreshment and some reprieve from the heat. This is perfect summer weather too.

I'll be blogging from the road, love you all!!