Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday with Patty

First thing. Dinner. Amazing. You know that food that takes you back to your childhood? The comfort, the Sunday around the table, with love and laughter. That was dinner tonight. Angela made me my favorite dinner, healthy and organic be damned. Fried chicken, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, beans and crescent rolls. I thought I'd died and gone for heaven for sure. Then, she topped it off with her special chocolate raspberry cake that looked like something from a designer bakery. Angela has told me that she loves to give, loves to help others. And I believe it. Everything that she does is from the heart from her spirit of giving. I don't think I've ever met anyone quite like her. I could learn so much from Angela and people like her. They give in order to receive. As they are giving, it is filling them up inside. What a wonderful way to live.

Not quite so much energy today, just feel like it has been sapped out of me. So I am even more grateful for yesterday, for that normalcy and for all that I was able to do! Not quite so much today. I was lucky enough to feel ok, and stay up all day with my family. Sherri, Noah, Alex and their friends came over to see me today and brightened my day. I love to see my friends and little Noah just overflows with joy. I love that little boy. Sherri is a woman after my own heart, we walked through this cancer together 4 years ago, and this time she holds my hand and my heart. She warms me. We are soul sisters.

Peyton and I did get out and about for a little while today. There is a local photographer, Scott Fisher, who has taken a shine to her and offered to take pictures of her for free as long as he can use them in his publicity and website. So she is on the quest for the perfect yearbook photo. I think between all the photo shoots, she is up to about 1000 photos, I think I'm going to need Tyra's help on this one to decide. What a gorgeous girl she is!! I don't know how to get the photos off his website, but as soon as I do, I'll get a photo or two loaded. They are quite amazing. Of course, she is my daughter!! We bought the cutest little dress for her to wear tonight. They did some mid-afternoon photos yesterday, but the sun was so bright, they went back tonight to hit some pictures during the sunset. I can't wait to see them. AND it just so happened when we were at the mall, I found a pair of shoes. I know, its so surprising.
They are the most perfect blue. Royal blue, and I have a suit the exact same shade. It was amazing. I heart the little angels singing in my ear, and my buddy Juan, in shoes, of course got me a great deal. I love that guy, and I think he loves to see me coming!! Man o woman, I love shopping.

We also hit the library today, which is actually one of my other favorite places. I just love all that information all over the place, the smell of the books, the quiet typing and whispering. The community of it all. I got a few informational books on healing and a few Nicholas Sparks books. I was looking for a new Jodi Picoult, my favorite author, but it appears I've read everything that she has written. Oh well, I'll wait for a new book!!

My throat is very sore tonight and I feel pretty puny, so I'm off to bed early and off to work early tomorrow. I'm holding the new shoes until the Board meeting on Wednesday morning, so that I can wear them with my perfect suit. I can't wait for Wednesday!! I'm hoping that this week I can focus some time with Wendy and continue to shift some of my responsibility to her so that I can truly work a three day week. I have to say it is incredibly healing to have those few days off to just rest and refresh. Rand was right. I hate it when that happens, but after 7-1/2 years of working with him, I should be used to it by now! Hopefully, God willing, this time next week I'll be at my conference in San Francisco. Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer that my health holds so I can go. It is an important conference to me so I am looking forward to being there. I've been planning it since last year, so it sure would stink to not be able to make it. Two weeks from now I should be on the coast with my family. So its a busy month and strength is going to be the word of the day. Stay Strong. Stay Healthy. I don't want to miss out on a moment of this life!!
Love to all of you, my friends and prayer warriors. Keep it up, I feel the prayers working and I know that I will survive and survive well, with lots and lots and lots of shoes!