Saturday, October 31, 2009

Another pair of fabulous shoes.


I wore fabulous shoes. I neglected to include that yesterday. Thanks to Amy at work I wore amazing shoes to chemo which will bring me lots of luck. I have worn fabulous shoes to every single chemo treatment, all 12 of them. But the last ones, well, they were pretty outrageous! Platform, bedazzeled, bejeweled, sequined, outrageous shoes! Did I look incredible? Of course! Did everyone love them? Oh yeah! No matter what they may do to me over there with that slightly toxic remedy, I will look marvelous while they do it. I will wear my fabulous shoes; bring my best purse and dress up for the occasion. For an occasion it is. It is a fight, and always bring your best shoes to a fight. Don’t let em know you’re scared and really want to run! Besides, you can’t run in platform shoes, you have to stay and fight. It’s a little insurance. :-)

The concert was excellent last night and the singers and bands amazing. I have to say that Todd Agnew blew me away. His songs, his messages, his very presence in that church filled me to overflowing. He talked about how we can run from God, but we can’t hide. God knows everything. He knows where we are and what we are thinking and feeling. And he cares about those feelings. And when Todd sang Grace Like Rain, it brought me to tears. It was beautiful. “Halleluiah, grace like rain falls down on me. Halleluiah, all my stains are washed away, they’re washed away.” God is there in the blackness, God is there is the light. His grace is abundant and fills your cup until it spills over. Bathe in his grace, let it wash over you and fill you completely. His grace is sufficient to get you through all trials, all tribulations, all times of sorrow and darkness. Halleluiah, grace like rain. I needed to hear the message last night and I needed to be washed in the Word of God and bask in His presence. I am so tired, tired of the cancer, tired of being sick. I am sad over my son and I worry about my daughter. I needed to be reminded that there is someone bigger than me that will bring me through. He will carry me through this trial, and the next and the one after that. For in this world there will be trials and sorrow, but someday I will go home and the sorrow will be left behind. I look forward to that day (but hope it’s a long long long way away) when I will be in the presence of God. Fall to the ground and just weep at His glory. When the sadness and tears will be left behind, replaced only with joy.

Two more days to my CT scan. Its gonna be clear clear clear clear clear.