Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tuesday Update

Although this dose has been difficult, I am starting to come through and feel better. I have to say that I had an excellent sleep last night, the best I have had in a long time. When my alarm went off, I was sound asleep and normally I’m awake by the time the alarm goes off in the morning. So that was a treat, but SO annoying, I wanted to sleep and sleep!! My energy level is coming back, so I figure it must be about time for another dose of chemo. I am scheduled for dose two of this round on Thursday and don’t think I’ll have any problem keeping my levels up to get that dose. I better not get TOO confident and jinx it, but I’m feeling pretty certain about this round. I just know its going to go well and lead to a positive CT on Monday.

I was honored to attend a wedding this evening. Jeremy and Kiwon (Mike’s son and girlfriend) got married tonight in a TeePee (she is Indian) out at her Uncle Joe’s house on Clodfelter Road. It was a special ceremony and very much fit the personality of who they are and how they live. It was followed by a wonderful dinner at their house with great food, fun and family. What an honor and a blessing to get to spend such special moments with the people that I care about. As I stood there, holding the hand of the love of my life, watching his son get married, it filled a sacred place in my heart and warmed my soul.

Yeah, I admit it. I’m a sap. Nothing I like more than a love story with a happy ending. Just wait, my happy ending is out there just waiting for me!