Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tuesday's Update

I was good today and took care of my health. I didn’t go in to work until noon and only worked until about 5:30, so I would say that’s a pretty good day for me. I am still not feeling well, but I am not feeling as awful as this morning. Better living through pharmaceuticals! I have taken an adequate amount of medication to ensure my ability to keep on keeping on going forward. I am going to bed early tonight and will start early tomorrow. My son has a nasty cold, so I’m trying to stay away from him and I have purchased some essential oils called “on guard” which used on a regular basis is supposed to help fight colds and viruses. Poor Jessie had his flu vaccine today and he was over tonight and was so cranky! I couldn’t figure out what was wrong with him, poor baby was so out of sorts, and I was asking Elena, did he get a nap, has he had dinner, etc etc and she mentioned he had the flu shot today. Explains a lot. We gave him some Tylenol and he went home to get some rest. But at least he is vaccinated against the seasonal flu. The best defense is still hand washing and staying home when you are sick. Common sense! What a concept!

I was talking with a co-worker today about bad attitudes. I interact with some people on a regular basis who are so negative and unhappy. I think that is so sad. I would hate to go through the world full of negativity and having a scowl on my face at every turn. I had a friend indicate that she felt I was feeling the weight of the world lately, and I have to say that I am feeling a little overwhelmed. But I hope and pray that my attitude is staying positive and that I continue to inspire and provide a good example to all those who come in contact with me. It’s okay to have a bad day. For example, today was not one of my better days. Its even okay to indulge in a little self pity every now and then, but what is not okay is to continue to wallow in it. To immerse yourself in that black hole and not to see the sun that is shining, even if it is only a little pinprick of light. So my prayer is that I am an example of how to react when faced with overwhelming adversity. I hope I can be a positive model of how to face darkness with a smile on your face and joy in your heart, regardless of the possible outcome. I know that I have my moments, and sometimes its good to be reminded that this is only temporary. There is an end in sight and its not that far away. I have a CT coming up in no time and only 2-1/2 more rounds to go, I can do this! Each round gets a little more challenging as my body struggles to keep up with the toxins but each day brings me closer to the end of this leg of the race.

So if I get a little down, bear with me, remind me that there IS an end in sight. Remind me there is light out there, it is shining, and its not a freight train in the tunnel!