Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tuesday's Update

I woke up flanked by my animals with a nosebleed. Yeah. What a way to start my day. I came through the hazy fog; you know that bleary eyed state between sleep and wakefulness, aware of pressure on both my sides. An investigation revealed Kyra pushed against me on my left, Betsy my right. I appreciate their dedication to me, especially because I’m not feeling very good, but a little too much togetherness is not always a good thing.

I extricated myself from the animal cluster and became aware that it was hard to breathe. My throat dry and cracky, my sinuses filled with concrete. So I did what any one does, I blew my nose. Hard. That’s when it started to bleed. And it bled and bled and bled. And I tried as I might to get it to stop, it wouldn’t. So I went ahead and spent the next 30 minutes putting makeup on while trying to keep my nose from bleeding down my face. If you have never endeavored this type of activity, I don’t encourage it. It can be slightly frustrating to put on makeup with a Kleenex sticking out of your nose. (Are you getting a great mental picture here or what?!)

Mike and I meet every morning for coffee at 5:30am, and I made it only a few minutes late. Seeing Mike is always one of the brightest spots in my day. We got to spend the next 20 minutes sharing about the morning and the opportunities the day has to present. Unlimited possibilities. That’s what every day has to offer and that is part of the reason that I love to see Mike in the morning. He has that type of attitude, that type of perspective. He sees the possibilities in the day. The hours unfolding ahead of you with the all the potential and promise that only your imagination can foresee. It’s a blank slate. You create all the colors and designs. It’s all up to you. They day is yours to behold.

So, based on the morning so far, I’d say my platelet count is very low, my reds are teetering below where they should be and I’m fighting a cold. Hmmmm….. But…..I’m awake, alive, breathing and surrounded by those I love. Its gonna be a great day!