Friday, October 30, 2009

Friday's News

Somedays I feel like its just another day at the salt mines. Another day in the dark underground, working hard, wondering when you are going to get to see the light again. I just want so much for this battle to be over, for this war to be done, that I sometimes have a hard time seeing the light. I had my last regularly scheduled chemo yesterday, I do have another round for good measure no matter what the outcome, but this is the last regular one. And now I wait. I wait for the CT and I wonder how it will turn out. I wonder if I will get the “all clear” that I so desperately desire. I hear of people battling cancer for 2, 5, 10 years and I ponder, how do they do it? How do they keep a positive attitude and keep battling every day? It is so exhausting. How do they keep the blues away and the despair and irritation from creeping in? I hope I don’t have to find out. I really just want to be done with this. I want my life back. I want my energy back. I want to be able to work and play and exercise and go out and have fun and spend time with my grandson even if he has a cold. I want to be able to work in my yard or climb my stairs without getting winded. I want to be Patty again.

So today is a recovery day. I will rest and relax and try to let the chemicals work their way through the cancer, killing every last nasty cell. Mike is kind enough to take me to a concert tonight at Calvary Chapel; Building 429 and Todd Agnew. I can’t wait. Building 429 has a song call Always that is simply amazing. The chorus goes like this:

I believe always, always, the Saviour never fails.
Even when all hope is gone, God knows our pain,
And His promise remains,
And He will be with us always.

Among other great songs, this is the one that I go to hear. To raise my hands and hear the words of validation that no matter what, God is there, and He knows my pain, He knows my sorrow and He is walking with me Always.

Saturday is Halloween and I am planning on attending the Don and Lori Watts Pediatrics Center Costume Party in the afternoon with my grandson and then staying home to hand out candy. I have never been home in this house on Halloween, but know that I will go through hundreds of pieces of candy. I have seen the number of kids in this neighborhood on Halloween! Its amazing! I am actually looking forward to it. Mike will be in Walla Walla all day doing soccer and will come by after to hang out with me.

Sunday I think is work day in my yard. The leaves are out of control, the gutters are full of leaves and its time to get it cleaned up. So my parents, Mike and I will do what we can to get it done. If you are up for a clean up day in Patty’s yard, come on by around 10-11 on Sunday, we’ll put you to work. Monte Ingersoll is having a concert Sunday night at Art Fuller Auditorium (if you have never heard Monte Ingersoll, pastor of The Living Room sing, it is totally worth it to go see him) and if I’m up to it, I’d love to go to that concert too. He is an amazing Godly man and a fantastic performer. So if you have nothing to do on Sunday night, I think the tickets are $12.

God willing, I’ll get to do all the planned activities this weekend. And if it turns out I can’t, well, I’ll rest up and get ready for Monday. My CT is at 1pm, I should know shortly thereafter the results of the CT. Our plan is to go see Dr. Iuliano when we are done to have a look at it, like I’ve said before; it’s nice to know your radiologist.

That’s my weekend. Pray for clear clear clear clear clear.