Thursday, October 22, 2009

Its a miracle! A bonified miracle!

Thank you my faithful friends and prayer warriors. The doctors were blown away. I not only got the 33,000 platelets I needed, I got 72,000 platelets. I needed 100,000 platelets, I had 139,000. More than double the amount I needed to get my chemo today. The only way this was accomplished was through the prayers and positive thoughts of my friends. Of course, now I’m tired and nauseous and wondering…why did I want chemo today? Oh yeah, I want to stay on track so I can get this over with!

So I’m going to try to be really smart this round and rest when I need to rest and sleep when I need to sleep, try hard to eat right, even when I’m tired and continue with my meditation and yoga, even when it feels I can’t move.. Even tonight, I know I need to eat, I know it should be healthy, but I just don’t have the energy to get up and make anything. I have this nasty taste in my mouth and something cold and refreshing sounds so good, so I did have a nice orange, peeled for me by Mike yesterday, because I hate to peel oranges.

I just got back from my T’ai Chi Chih class and it went well. I find that I don’t have a lot of energy, but the movement seems to help sooth my spirit and I need to force myself to practice, even a little, even when I don’t have the energy.

So I have learned a lot in the last few weeks. This is an important battle. The most important battle of my life and I need to continue to do what I think is right for my body to heal, even when I don’t want to, feel like it or have the energy to do so and I need the prayers of friends behind me.. My CT scan is scheduled for November 2nd, so that is the big day. Pray for another phenomenal CT scan. I don’t want to be “relatively clear,” I want to be “completely clear.” So my faithful partners in this battle, I need to ask for you to pray for me again. I know this round is going to be tough. I have 11 doses of chemo in me, my bone marrow and body are tired, and hopefully the cancer is getting tired too and is dying off in droves. So pray for completely clear. I need to be strong the next few weeks, I need to battle strong, I need to keep faith in the drivers seat and courage riding shotgun.

I need all the help I can get. I am digging as deep as I can to find that strength and courage to keep going, so keep reminding me that I can do this, I can make it, that I’m going to win. I have to win; I have way too much to live for, so many incredible experiences still to come.

Thanks you my friends, you reaffirmed my faith in miracles. Let’s find one more. Clear. Completely clear.