Monday, July 13, 2009

Ack - I itch I itch I itch!! (July 13th)

Yes, itching is the word of the day. My rash continues to plague me and I am on day 3 of the predizone with no major change. I have tried everything, I think I might just have to drink heavily! Actually, I have resorted to ice packs and they seem to be helping the most. Either I don't itch anymore, or my skin is frozen, either way it works! I am hopeful the predizone will kick in and it will be fine. This will be a tough side effect to deal with for months. I never realized that itching could be so awful! I got a little (ok, maybe alot) nauseous this afternoon, but I worked through it and thank goodness for the wonderful people in the cafe who provided me with some ginger ale that got me through the afternoon.


Nikki Weldin (and Walt and Josh) made us such a wonderful dinner tonight. Baked Ziti with Putanesca Sauce and a fresh salad. She even made sure I had a nice wine to go with it. Wow, yummy. Perfect dinner. It was especially nice since I was really tired and dinner would have consisted of maybe an apple tonight. Nicole at work as asked if people could start bringing me dinner like last time and I have to concede that it would be awful nice to have dinner made for us on a regular basis. When I get home at night I just want to do nothing. It seems to take all my energy to just work these days, so I guess my family is going to get dinners delivered a few days a week. I have such awesome friends.


I sat down when I got home and was opening mail and got cards from friends encouraging me and inspiring me. Its amazing. I have so much love and support from my friends. It just never ceases to amaze me how many people are out there praying for me. It warms my heart and makes me push just a little bit harder. I want to be able to continue to encourage everyone and let them know that every prayer is heard, every kind word, action or deed makes a difference in someones life. I heard tonight that here is never a testimony without a test. Well, watch out world, I'm up for the test. Peace and light to all of you.