Thursday, July 23, 2009

Chemo Day and more fablulous shoes!

Today went well. My shoes looked fabulous, of course!! Since my counts were good, there was no need to wait this morning for blood to get back and we started by 9:30 and I was done by 11am. Lots of fans stopped by to see my shoes and Peyton wore a pretty fabulous paid of Steve Madden's herself, which were a hit. We made hemp bracelets and hung out and then went to lunch. I spent the afternoon with Carol Wingo learning to knit, and I am doing okay. Not as easy as it looks, that's for sure. But it will give me something to do while I am just sitting watching TV and don't have the energy to do anything else. I hate the lack of energy, and at least this way I feel like I am accomplishing something! Thanks Carol for teaching me something to do! So don't be too surprised if everyone starts getting scarves as thank you gifts!

I had the energy to go to my sweet friend Jennifer Curtis's going away party. Yes, for those of you who know this is Irene Curtis's daughter-in-law, and who doesn't know Irene! Jennifer is moving with her son Rolland to Savannah River, where she has been transferred by Fluor as General Counsel. Her husband, Nolan, is staying her to sell the house, find a job out there, etc, and hopefully will get to follow her soon. Then, we will also lose Irene from the active Kadlec family, although I know she will stay in touch with us and continue to change the world from wherever she is! What a sad day it is to know that we are starting to lose this amazing family from our community.

Unfortunately I only made it for about 45 minutes at the party and the stupid freaking chemo kicked in and I had to come home quickly. It was out on the back patio at Tigaris and the heat really kicked my butt. I came home and went straight to bed for about two hours. I woke up to the smell of the most amazing dinner. Well we received two amazing dinners tonight, Merri and Wayne Martin brought over Chicken Devine, which we have frozen up for a wonderful meal on Saturday night. Tonight, Tracy Klander brought over fresh halibut steaks, awesome asparagus, olive bread, lemon rice and a fabulous salad plum filled with the best blueberries. It was such a wonderful treat, I feel it had been catered from a top of the line restaurant, Tracy, it was amazing! Thanks so much!! The meals really have turned this into something to look forward to. The food has consistently been amazing. You all really know how to cook! Wow. you can keep feeding me indefinitely!

Deana was able to get my car back to me this afternoon, which was good. I don't remember if I told you but on top of the Cancer mess she was haven all sorts of car issues and was having difficulty getting home so I told her to take my car. So she was able to get up here and get me my car back which is nice. I am hoping they are going to be able to replace their current van with a most reliable vehicle. They are really going to need that as they walk this challenging road. Please keep praying for her.

I missed a few other outings i would have liked to join into, Mindy was making my grandson's birthday cake tonight and I would totally enjoyed learning to make it, and Stan Spohrs 80th birth party was tonight and I missed that too. I was sleeping, but I wish I'd been both places, but am having to acknowledge that I need to be where my body is requiring m to be. And sometimes, I just need to be resting. As much as that sucks.

Tomorrow I'm going to try the Art in the Park, at least for a few hours until it gets too hot. I'm going to be there early and be gone before it really heats up. There are a few things I want, mostly another one of those tie die dresses. I love those!!

Sleep well my friends, know that God is watching over you. Dream of happy things, healthy bodies and long Bright futures, and of course, wearing fabulous shoes!