Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Jessie James!

My grandson is TWO years old! Wow! How did that happen so fast. He was actually two yesterday and I found the energy to pick him up from day care and treat him to McDonalds and bring him home to spend a little time with him. Mike and I got him a cool outside little tykes mudmaking water and sand toy which is totally cool. We also got him a little "lightning mcqueen" chair that reclines to watch his favorite movie. He can say "I'm two", but I'm still working on the holding two fingers up! What a milestone, what a great day, what a wonderful reason to wake up and keep living, my grandson is two! Mindy Clapper gets HUGE kudos. She made the most AMAZING cake!! She made a Lightning McQueen cake, decorated it and its nothing short of incredible. I hope we can get Jessie to actually be willing to cut into it, and then to share it. You know at two everything is his. I am not just NANA, I'm JESSIE'S NANA! His party is today at 11am at the Grange Park by the Kennewick Library. I can't wait. This is just another wonderful reason to be alive, I am so grateful to be here to watch my grandson have this fantastic day. His mommy and daddy have done a great job with him and he is a joy to be around, he's two, no doubt, but what a joyful two! Stop on by at 11am and check out the party, we'll be there!! I tried to forward myself a picture of the cake to post on the blog, but I can't seem to get it to come through, so I promise to post a picture tomorrow.


I was pretty wiped out yesterday, but I muddled through. We hit the art in the park and I spent too much money, gotta love that retail therapy, and got myself a really cool tie die dress, almost like last years. I love it, and its comfy and cute. Peyton picked herself up some tie die stuff and I got myself this fabulous hat. I figure my hair is falling out anyway, might as well wear a funny hat. I ran into some of the ladies from the Red Hat Society, my goal when I'm 50 has always been to join. If you don't know about the Red Hat Ladies, their job is to wear outrageous red hats and have fun together. Wow, what's not to like about that?! But I was told I could buy a pink hat and become an honorary junior member, I think I'm going to check into that. Life is too short not to be a member of the Red Hat Society! I'll talk to Irene, I'm SURE she is a red hat lady!! And a pink hat, oh yeah! I'm going to do everything I can to accomplish my desires and goals, life is just too short to miss out on anything! I was reminded yesterday not to "wear myself out". While very good advice, I spend the entire day worn out, but I refuse not to live!

I came home yesterday and my ninja gardener has been back. My shrubs haven't looked this good since I moved in here. I love to plant and weed but pruning is not my forte and wow, is it Nancy's. Don't get near her when she has that knife!! It looks amazing. I had no idea how wonderful it could look all trimmed up. I wonder if she isn't overdoing it with her health issues, but I'm certainly not going to fuss. I know what it is like to want to do something, to want to help and not be able to. As long as she is able to help, my yard is her playground. I love to be outside and work in the yard too, and I'm going to have to get one of these knives and learn how to prune from a true ninja!

The delinquents are headed to Heppner, OR tomorrow to support Deana before her surgery this week. She bought a new car! Yea! Talk about retail therapy, I need to get me some of that! They really needed a reliable car for the traveling they are about to be doing, so cash for clunkers came at a good time. I am so relieved. You know I'd run to Seattle when the car broke down... but... I got to see both Deana and her husband Keith on Thursday when they dropped off my car and what wonderful beautiful amazing people (not enough adjectives to describe these two). Salt of the earth, true to their very core, amazing people of faith. My heart just aches to know that they have to go through this, but Deana is going to absolute kick butt. No doubt about it. That is her personality. Cancer has NOT met my friend Deana Price. That damn cancer better just move out of the way, because it has NO business in her life, and she'll let it know it!

Go Deana!!


OK, a quick medical stuff updated on me, boring stuff, but I know you all care how I'm feeling, and I thank you for that! I'm on Day 3 of my 21 day cycle. Feeling a little puny, but not bad overall. Like I said, I was really wiped yesterday. The heat really takes it out of me, so I don't know how long I'll get to stay at my grandson's party today, but as long as I can!! I'm going to get one of those wet things to go around my neck to keep me cool. This is an important party! The exhaustion and weakness is the hardest. My legs feel weak, its very strange. And I'm on the steroids for the rash, so that makes me a little shaky. So, everything is contradicting each other and I'm just muddling through. You take this to stop that and that to stop this. Its a medication crazy world. I have my little pill kit and I have all my little pills labeled and just take them on schedule! What else can you do. I am handling this chemo remarkably better than the one four years ago, and for that I'm grateful. I told Dr. Rado I am the healthiest Metastatic Breast Cancer Patient he has, and he laughed and said they would just have to do something about that! I told him, bring it on, I can handle it! What a journey. I saw yesterday at the park a sign that said "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, its about learning how to dance in the rain." Its raining, I'm dancing, please join me in the storm!


Well, when you see a crazy lady in a tie-die dress wearing a floppy hat with sunflowers. You'll know its me. I am sure my daughter will be rolling her eyes the way only a 17 year old can do when they are embarrassed by their parents, but I will proudly be wearing my get-up. I mean, truly who cares? Life is too short to care what people worry about what you wear! Dress up! Be outrageous! Ago Vita!! Vita Viva!! Vie in vie!! Leben se leben!! Ζώντα ζωής! Живите Жизнью! No matter what your language - LIFE LIFE!!