Thursday, July 30, 2009

A miracle and a prayer!

My friend Deana does NOT have have cancer. OMG I am overwhelmed with joy!! There was a chance it was a big, fugly, honkin cyst, and guess what?? It WAS! I think God has answered prayers and performed a miracle here. Water to wine type stuff. Cancer to not. It just doesn't get much bigger than that!! Not that there was any doubt about God's ability to perform miracles. I mean he is in the miracle business, we just forget to notice. I see miracles happen every day and I'm sure you do to, we just tend to let them fade away and not acknowledge their existence. Do you see that? Think through your day. How many amazing random things happen that are simply the works of God and His awesome power over this universe and its inhabitants? I know that working at a hospital amazing miracles happen every day. People are healed when there was really no hope. Relationships heal as being sick helps us to get well in other ways. Just look around today, check out the miracles. You'll see them. I figure every day I made it through that roundabout on steptoe and don't get clobbered. Its a miracle!

Well I'm Day 8 Round 2. I go to the cancer center in an hour and have my blood counts checked and say a prayer that they are up and ready for another dose!! If all goes well I'll be another dose this morning, next week is my "off" week where I really get sick, and then I'll start Round 3 on August 13th. Dr. Rado indicated that I'd have another CT after my 3rd round to see how its working, so I'm hoping for a GREAT CT in early September!! Start praying for THAT miracle now! I am working on my outfit today, but I think a new pair of shoes, my new lucky jeans and my "you messed with the wrong bitch" shirt fit the bill today. I should look fabulous and very sassy!!

I'm feeling pretty good. I actully slept last night, thank God. I wasn't messing around either, I took an whole ambien before I went to bed. I wasn't going to risk waking up at 2am all achey and unable to sleep. No way. I didn't have to be up until 8 this morning and I planned on taking advantage of it!! And I did!

I certainly have a sense of peace this morning as I rest on my porch amongst my flowers, my new prayer shawl around my shoulders and I watch in amusement as Sophie plays with Betsy. Its the cutest thing in the world to watch this gangley all legs big puppy play with little tiny 2 pound Betsy. And that kitten can hold her own, trust me. When they first started playing so rough, I worried that Betsy might get hurt, but I think I should worry about Spohie, her claws aren't has sharp! They chase and roll and rough and tumble and I've had to relegate their play episodes to the back yard because they run into so much stuff in the house. Its really a joy to watch them. Its the little things in life. Watch for those today, that's your task. Try to notice the little miracles that are happening all around you all the time. Like God said in Bruce Almighty - BE the miracle.