Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bring on the next round!!

I'll just give a little status update for my friends out there keeping track of me. I am feeling pretty good. I'm still more tired than usual, but my energy is really coming back and true to Patty form, I'm working too many hours and trying to pack everything I can into these good days. When my platelets got so low I got terribly bruised from everything and those bruises are finally starting to subside. My rash never completely went away, but it became nothing but little tiny bumps and they started me on steroids yesterday to mitigate the break out that they think will happen with my next round tomorrow. It appears that I have that rare 1% allergic reaction to chemo. I dare to be different! I see Dr. Rado this afternoon and we'll run my blood counts and hopefully I have rebounded enough to do the next round. I hate the thought of getting off schedule! I feel good, so I am confident that my counts have rebounded. I am emotionally and physically ready for tomorrow, bring it on! Peyton is coming with me to chemo and she is busily picking out our outfits so we both look fabulous for the chemo party! Like I said, I may get sick but I refuse to LOOK sick! I will wear fabulous shoes!

Update on the puppy - Sophie is fabulous. She was meant to be a part of our home. She is such a sweet and mellow puppy. She has only had a few accidents in the house. Peyton is doing a great job taking care of her and watching her closely and is getting up a couple of times per night to make sure she goes potty. We are in love!! As you can see she has the cutest little face in the whole world. Kyra is adjusting to her and Betsy (new kitty) likes her sometime, but when she gets too rough she hides under the deck and Sophie gets made that she can't get under there. She got under a few times and got stuck, so we hopefully have it fixed so she can't get there anymore!
I am honored and humbled by the love and support of my family and friends. Everyone of you has sent me good thoughts, food, cards, gifts, helped at my house, my office, prayed, uplifted me. It is your love and support that gets me through each day. I save all those cards and emails and when I get a little down, I read them and they lift me back up. I glean energy from those around me, so when I don't have any left, I soak it up from all of you and it replenishes me. Thanks for sending me your energy, it is felt and appreciated. I reciprocate my love and energy back, and hope you feel it too!
Because of all of you and your love, I will have the strength to get through this and win this battle. You are God's love and the light of the universe at work in my life.