Thursday, July 2, 2009

Ground Zero, Chemo, day one

The first time you get chemo it is almost anticlimatic. You are so tense and apprehensive and when it actually happens, it just an infusion of drugs. The fun comes later.

It only took about 2 hours to get both drugs and they included some IV anti-nausea medicine which should last 10 hours. I'll start on an oral anti-nausea this evening and then take it every 3-4 hours. I hope to stay ahead of the nausea. I shouldn't feel too bad, a little tired. I am not sure when my hair will start falling out, but we are pretty sure that it is going to fall out between 14-21 days. So I got a few weeks to die my hair bright pink and cut it into a butch cut!

Peyton seems to be on the homward stretch too. She is a little better today. I was up most of the night with her last night with a fever and sick stomach, so I hope I can get a nap today.

Say your prayers that this comes off with few sideeffects and the cancer gets kicked OUT!

I remain confident of my successful outcome!