Sunday, July 26, 2009

Just a little more retail therapy...

The birthday party was great. I handled the heat pretty well, and the cake, well it was downright amazing! Mindy - you ROCK! I still owe a picture, but being the lateness of the evening, I'll try to get it on here tomorrow night.

Feeling great. Those steroids are just doing their job, the rash is staying away but wow, am I wired!! I've done laundry, hung pictures, wrote thank yous, painted my nails! OMG! How do I sleep?!

Peyton and I had a little more retail therapy this evening. It mean, its not possible to have too much retail therapy, the best therapy around!! After some frame purchases at Michael's and dinner with the grandparentals, we decided to take a quick swing by Macy's just to see if there was anything we just couldn't live without. And what do you know, we found a few items that were just beyond passing up! I got an awesome pair of Lucky Jeans and Shirt, I love lucky stuff (all on sale, of course!) and Peyton picked up a cute pair of Betsy Johnson earrings, a flannel shirt and a great pair of shoes. On sale, of course too, and we got the floor model so they said an extra 10% off, I asked for 20%, we got 15%. Not bad bargaining! And then this pair of animal print pointy tipped Guess shoes just caught my eye. They WEREN'T on sale, so I asked the clerk, hey, can't I get these on sale? And guess what, he gave me a 20% discount! AND added the other pair of shoes for an additional discount. Then rang up the rest of the clothes separately for another discount. Joel from shoes is my new hero. I love extra discounts! Makes shopping so worth while! Hallelujah! The angels are singing tonight!!

We ran down to the Buckle and I checked out the Naughty Monkey's I am in love with, but they never seem to go on sale, and still, no luck. I'll keep watching though, eventually, they WILL go on sale!! (Go angels, work on those shoes!)

After appropriate therapy, we were ready to walk the dogs. I didn't wear my new shoes, of course, a little too fancy or high for the who dog walking episode. But Peyton, she got to wear hers! Our little pupperoos, walked really good, and it was a beautiful evening.

Mike is out of town at a run in Spokane, so I guess it is only fitting that we have the appropriate girls night with shoes, clothes and nails. Now I think I'll have a giant bowl of ice cream and try to find some shut eye! Tomorrow, Its off to Heppner, OR with the delinquents!

Love you all!