Saturday, July 18, 2009

Concert and a NEW Puppy!!!

After sleeping all afternoon yesterday and having a wonderful dinner delivered by John and Angie Matheson (incredible brownies!) I found myself with enough energy to go to a concert. Nancy and DJ invited me to join them at the Red Room to see Helio Sequence and Josh Ritter. Excellent concert, and what a cool venue. We thoroughly enjoyed our time together and the bands were obscure and excellent. Josh Ritter was so full of joy and just smiled the entire time so thoroughly enjoying what he does. It was wonderful to see someone enjoy their craft so much.

We got a puppy. Okay, we were "test driving" a puppy but I know we are keeping her. She was just meant to be with us. We met her when she was about a week old and Peyton chose her. Then I decided that I really wasn't up for a puppy and we decided against it. When I found out I had cancer I was glad about that choice, I thought, I don't need a puppy right now! So when they were about five weeks old we went to see them one more time, and Sophie (the puppy that Peyton had chosen) climbed in her lap and just made herself at home. But, still I was certain we didn't need a puppy. Then Joey shared with me that she has never seen a puppy do what Sophie did, she just kept waiting for us to come and get her. She didn't want me to feel like I should get the puppy against my wishes. But, I felt like God was telling me something, so I asked to borrow the puppy for the weekend, and I tell you, it just feels right. She just fits right into our family. We are in love. We are keeping this baby girl, she is a part of her family just like she was meant to be. Princess Sophie and her mommy, Peyton are pictured here! So we have a new puppy, a new kitty, and our "old" cat and dog, so we have a house full. But they all fill my life in ways that cannot be described. Animals are faithful and true and will love you unconditionally no matter what. I aspire to be as wonderful as my dog thinks I am.

I am still tired, but getting slowly better. I had a full day with lots of friends and love surrounding me. I sat in Dr. Rawlin's infrared sauna this morning which is supposed to cleanse the toxins from your body, that was after LeaAnn came over to walk Kyra (she feels a little left out so its good that LeaAnn did that, it makes her feel special), Nancy McMurray came over to work in my yard a bit and I had lunch with my friend Belinda. Mike's granddaughter, Amrea, had a birthday party tonight so we got to go over and celebrate with family. Always a joy. Family is a treasure.
I am planning to be better this week, looking forward to getting that energy back. I love you my friends. Your prayers and love make me strong.