Friday, July 3, 2009

So far so good, July 3rd

I guess I should start off, God Bless our US of A. I am so grateful to live here where we have the best of everything. We have the freedom to speak our minds, practice our religions, and I honor the men and the women who defend our great country and gave the greatest loss which allows us to be free. Feeling a little sentimental, I am, I guess life-threatening illnesses can do that do you. Anyway, I am proud of the servicepeople in my family, brothers Bob and Bill, sister-in-law Rhonda, cousin Brian, dad Red. And my special lady Kami, marine woman extraordinaire!

I woke up this morning and was so glad to see the sun shining through my windows. Another beautiful day here in the hot desert we call the "other" pacific northwest. No grey skies and rainy days for us, no siree, we enjoy hot sunshiney days!

I am feeling really great. I was a little nauseous last night but quickly got on my oral anti-nausea medicine and got some good rest last night and felt pretty good this morning. Quickly took some medicine this morning and have had a wonderful day. My baby girl, Peyton, is feeling a little better, she took care of herself last night and I got to sleep most of the night. I got up about 4am to check on her and other than that, she made sure she took her meds. She is better but it still breaks my heart that I can't take away her pain. I just want her to be all better.

I am so blessed and honored to have so many people in my world who love and care for me. I was out and about today and it is just amazing the people I see and share with who are caring and genuine and only want what is best for me. It is humbling to have the love surround you like that, where you just know there are many who you could call on and they would be there, no questions asked.

I know my prayer warriors are out there, I feel the power of their prayer lift me up and I know that God is listening. I am not ready to leave this world, I have much to do. I have my melancholy moments, as I am sure we all do, but I know that this world is not done with me yet either. Why God has chosen me to fight this battle is not for me to know, but only to have the faith to see if through. Which I will. If I can encourage and inspire, then it is time well spent.

I love you my friends and family. Keep me in your thoughts and prayers, and I shall keep you in mine.