Tuesday, July 14, 2009

An Umbrella in the Rain

I was doodling in a meeting today, when I should have been paying attention! I was drawing this and that, rainbows and sunshines, doodads and doohickeys. Between riveting tidbits of information from one of our nations top speakers, I drew an umbrella. Not just any ol' umbrella, but the "Traveler's Insurance" type of umbrella with the cane shaped handle. I was thinking about my life right now and added some fluffy but water-laden clouds. The speaker droned on. I added drops of rain, pouring down, around the umbrella and then splashing up from the ground. But the underneath the umbrella, it was dry and fresh. And I looked and pondered what I had drawn. Hmmm. Deep in reflection I knew, it was a symbol of all of you.

"An umbrella made of love and friendship keeps you dry during life's storms."

Thanks for being my umbrella.