Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Good Sign

I was ready early this morning, which for me is nothing short of a miracle. I am not exactly a morning person, so to be up and ready and out the door by 5:18 is not the easiest thing to do. But, I was. So that's the first miracle of the day! I had given Kyra her medicine and then she followed me downstairs, which she doesn't usually do, she normally just stays in bed. But she followed me down and I gave her a treat and she wanted to go outside. Now, most of you know that I have doggie doors, so leaving her out wouldn't be a big deal, except with new kitty, Betsy, we have the doors shut. So, I figured I'd let her eat her treat and call her in through the garage man door before I leave.

So I was leisurely moving this morning, not in the rush I normally am, other wise I might not have noticed. But I did... everything happens for a reason. I opened the garage door and something caught the corner of my eye. It was a beautiful butterfly. Huge, gorgeous, full of life and color. It flew right by me and landed not 3 feet from me. Just sitting there, daring me to explore the fullness of the meaning of this chance happening. And it was not lost on me, the newness of life, the cocoon blossoming into a beautiful new life. The new life exploding inside of me. I feel it. I feel the healing and the growth of new tissue. I know it is working. God has given me a sign to confirm my beliefs.

It truly is the simple things in life that make a difference. We sometimes miss these subtle signs that cross our paths everyday. I thank God that I was able to catch it, to see His sign and get His meaning, to understand His divine work. Slow down, keep your eyes and hearts open, its a new day and a new life is just around the corner.