Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Onward and Upward - July 7th and 8th


(Pictures are from the Delinquent trip to Ellenburg)

These were very good days and I worked alot. It felt really great to have the energy to be useful. I am treasuring each day I can get. Today a good friend came in from Heppner Oregon and 4 of the 5 original delinquents from Richland Baptist Church met at Barracuda's for a cuppa fabulous coffee. The fellowship was amazing, we won't see each other for a year and when we get together the years all fall away and it is just like we were together yesterday. Pretty cool friendships, we laugh, we cry, we pray, its amazing. The way got the nickname is a very illustrious story on the way to a women's retreat. We felt like being a little mischievous and stopped and purchased Bottles of Root Beer and candy cigarettes and came bursting into the retreat with all our finery. Most of them thought it was pretty funny, some others, not so much. Those poor people with no sense of humor we offered to give them some of ours but they declined. Party poopers. The original delinquents from Richland Southern Baptist Church. Hold your head high ladies, we have paved our own way! Anita Hall, Ruth Taylor, Deana Price, Lasunda Muse and ME. THAT is a truly loving and long term relationship. I am very very blessed.

Back at work plugging along, handling lots of quick changes that people want to make right before a meeting when everything is already set up. I politely say, of course I can do that, and you go make it so. My job is to say yes and then find a method to accomplish! It is going to be very challenging to teach someone else to do my job while I am off healing. So much of what I do is because I just know that this goes there. I've been doing this for 7 years, so it will be very hard to walk away and leave enough information for my replacement to know what to do! Rand assured me that my job will be here waiting for me upon my return, He is the most kind and generous boss anyone could have. He doesn't want me working all the time like I did last time, he wants me resting and healing. He is a one of a kind Boss and human being, Rand Wortman, you are the best.

Remarkably I continue to feel pretty good. I still haven't taken anything for my rash other than benadryl, which helps a little. I don't like the side effects, they make me real shakky, but its sure better the steroids that will make me nuts. The rash hasn't really spread, but it is mostly on my torso, hips and upper legs. Very strange. They have no idea what it is from. I also ended up with a bladder infection yesterday which may be the first sign of immunodeficiency. This chemo is real hard on your immunities, so I am preparing for daily nupogen shots to boost my blood.

I was pondering today why I am not more upset. Alot of people are surprised I'm in such a good mood for someone going through this. But I figure, whats the point? These are the cards I'm dealt, its the cards I'll play. I'm not happy, but will persevere through this with the faith of My Father, my family and my precious friends. I am so Lucky to have so many friends. It simply overwhelms me! You all reading this, I want you to wrap your arms around yourself, squeeze and pat your back. That's from me, a hug and a pat on the back that you greatly deserve!

Love and Light to all.