Monday, July 20, 2009

Retail Therapy

I love retail therapy. If you haven't figured that out by now, let me throw it right out there, I love shopping. I love everything about it (except when the bill comes in). I love the sale signs above the racks of clothes, the clearance racks, the beautiful shoes with all those little sale tags clipped to them. The fitting rooms where you can try on stacks and stacks of clothes, all to find that perfect outfit. The one that makes you look and feel fabulous. When you do, the angels in the heavens sing "hallelujah" and you just know the pair of shoes that match perfectly are just waiting for you in the shoe department, and they are probably on sale with an extra 20% if you use your store charge card. Woo hoo!! I love shopping.

I have been exhausted. It really sucks. I am not a lay around and do nothing type of girl, so this has been very taxing for me. I hate to be tired! So on Sunday I started to feel better, but the thought of doing laundry or housework just didn't do it for me. I knew what needed, retail therapy. Oh yeah. Even better, retail therapy with my shopping soulmate, my daughter. It was a beautiful and perfect day. We hit Macy's and believe it or not, they were having a great sale, go figure. And the pair of Steve Madden sandals that Peyton has been wanting for months were not only on sale, but they were an extra 20% off since her size was the "floor model". The angels were really singing now. Then she found the sunglasses, the perfect sunglasses. Betsy Johnson sunglasses that match her Betsy earrings and necklace perfectly. OMG, she looked so cute in them, and again, they were totally on sale!! I found three perfect dresses, with two perfect pair of shoes, Peyton got two pairs of shoes, shorts, a shirt and those fabulous sunglasses. Every penny well spent. You can't put a price on that time we spent together. Clawing through the sale rack, filling the fitting room and trying on dress after dress to find the perfect ensemble.

I love time with my daughter. It is so special we just love each other so much and we think the same, we like the same stuff, she is my fashion consultant and when I can't figure out what to wear, what shoes go to that suit, she lines me out. She has a gift when it comes to fashion. She has alot of gifts. She is a special young lady and I treasure the time with her.

It was the perfect afternoon, topped of with a pretzel and a starbucks and some people watching and further discussing of our good sale fortune in the food court.

And yes, I found a fabulous pair of naughty monkey shoes!